In a world of data, it is easy to get lost in the numbers. Statistics and figures are all around us, but how can we make sense of them? Luckily for football fans, there is a sport where this problem doesn’t exist: Premier League Football.
The Premier League is the most-watched league in the world aside from playing in uudet nettikasinot. The competition also generates a lot of data to analyze to answer some interesting questions about football and its fans. We will explore some of the interesting findings that can be revealed with data analysis.
Who Are The Most Valuable Players In Premier League football?
The most valuable player in the Premier League is Chelsea’s Eden Hazard. The Belgian winger has a market value of Â£65 million (USD 81.25). However, this valuation could be way off as it isn’t adjusted for inflation and can occur when players move to new teams.
You can find the list of the most valuable players in Premier League football below.
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea) Â£65m ($81.25M USD)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) Â£60m ($75.61M)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) Â£55m ($69.36M)
- David Silva (Manchester City) Â£50m ($63.27M)
- Paul Pogba (Manchester United) Â£49m ($62.48M)
Teams With The Most Wins Against The Top Six Teams In The Premier League
Manchester United has won 16 games against teams currently in the top six of Premier League standings. However, they are closely followed by Chelsea with 15 wins and Arsenal, who also have 14 victories over these teams.
The list of all results between Premier League’s top six can be seen below:
Manchester United 16 wins
- Chelsea 15 wins
- Arsenal 14 wins
- Tottenham Hotspur 13 wins
- Liverpool 11 victories
- Manchester City 12 losses (ties) and one draw. (11 games played)
How Do Goals Scored, Conceded, And Points Relate To Each Other?
A team’s number of goals scored and conceded can be related to the points earned in a football match. When teams score many goals, they usually win games and earn more points than their opponents. This is also true for conceding few or no goals during matches: these actions also lead to victories. However, this isn’t the case for matches ending in a draw.
The number of goals scored and conceded can be related to the points earned and match outcomes:
- One goal = win/draw (three points)
- Two goals = win (six points)
- Three or more goals = victory with at least two goals difference (nine points)
Who Has Been Involved In More Tackles Than Any Other Player This Season?
The player who has participated in more tackles than anyone else this season is Crystal Palace’s Luka Milivojevic. The 27-year old Serbian midfielder has made 64 tackles so far this campaign.
The top 10 players involved in the most tackles can be found below:
- Luka Milivojevic (Crystal Palace) 64 tackles
- Idrissa Gueye (Everton) 60 tackles
- Oriol Romeu (Southampton) 58 tackles
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) 57 tackles
- James Milner (Liverpool and Manchester City, joined with six other players at 55 each. 54 tackles
- Fernandinho (Manchester City) 53 tackles
- Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City and Newcastle United, joined with three other players at 52 each. 50 tackles
- Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion) 49 tackles
- Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur and AFC Bournemouth, joined with four other players at 47 each. 45 tackles
- Granit Xhaka (Arsenal and AFC Bournemouth, joint with two other players at 44 each. 43 tackles
What Is The Average Number Of Passes Completed By A Player Per Game?
The average number of passes completed by a player per game in the Premier League is 72. This includes all players who have played in five or more matches.
The top players with the most passes completed per game are as follows:
- Fernandinho (Manchester City) 97.83 passes/game
- Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea) 96.92 passes/game
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (Watford) 92.38 passes/game
Which Team Has Had The Highest Percentage Of Possession?
Manchester City is the team with the highest percentage of possession so far this season. The reigning Premier League champions have had 67% of all possession in their matches since August 2018, which makes them stand out from other teams. They are closely followed by Liverpool and Chelsea, who both have a 64% share of ball possession over that same period.
If you want to find out more about the data of Premier League football, this article may be helpful. Football fans can also discover which players have been involved in the most tackles so far and who has made the highest number of saves among goalkeepers during that same period.
*statistics correct at the time of writing