With the NBA season starting to wrap up, it’s time to look at the next big event during the offseason: the draft.
Some big talents are involved this year. And, as always, some major surprises are expected, so we’re here to showcase the best NBA draft betting odds and predictions and the top betting sites where you can place these bets.
Our top bookmaker for this year’s draft is Mystake, but there are a host of other online bookies featured here with unique offerings for NBA bettors.
Let’s dive in and check them out!
Top NBA Draft Betting Odds: Favorites For the 1st Draft Pick Overall
- Victor Wembanyama: -2500
- Scoot Henderson: +2000
- Any other player: +1000
Right now, 7’4″ Victor Wembanyama from the French national basketball team is heavily considered to be the most likely person to be drafted first.
In addition to having apparent frontrunner odds, he is one of the most highly-anticipated and acclaimed new players to join the league in recent years.
If Wembanyama fails to secure the first-round draft pick, Scoot Henderson of the NBA G League will likely be in heavier demand by the team that wins the NBA Draft Lottery.
Henderson is a 6’2″ PG from Georgia who was the youngest ever NBA G League player in history, entering the league at just 17 years old.
How to Join an NBA Draft Betting Site
Before betting on the NBA Draft, you must know how to get started. More importantly, how to activate a bonus. Here is how to get started with NBA Draft betting at Mystake.
Step 1: Go to MyStake
- Click here to go to Mystake
- Click “Sign Up”
- Fill out the signup form
- Accept the terms and conditions
Step 2: Go to the Cashier
- Log in for the first time
- Click “deposit”
- Select your payment method
- Finish the deposit
Step 3: Activate Your Bonus
- Activate the bonus after finishing your deposit
- Place your qualifying bets
- Receive the bonus bets
NBA Draft Betting Futures and Predictions
As the NBA Finals come closer, the NBA Lottery is set to take place this year on May 16th, 2023. From there, we will have a general idea of who will get which first-round picks.
Right now, some of the favored teams include the Houston Rockets (who drafted Auburn’s Jabari Smith Jr last year), the San Antonio Spurs, and the Charlotte Hornets.
We think it is essentially set in stone that French all-star Victor Wembanyama (-2500 at Mystake) will get selected first in the 2023 NBA Draft.
The only way that we don’t see this happening is if a new surprise prospect comes into play, Wembanyama gets injured, or his future plans abruptly change.
NBA Draft Betting Odds and Bet Types Explained
Before we break down all the sites with the best NBA draft odds, those new to betting online might need some help understanding how to read standard betting lines and what they imply for their potential winnings.
Here is all that you need to know about NBA draft betting.
For starters, know that you will place what is commonly known in the gambling community as a “futures bet.”
Essentially, this means that you are betting on what will take place in the future. In this instance, you will be betting on who will be selected first in the upcoming 2023 NBA Draft.
You can even bet on the winner of the NBA championship months in advance.
American odds are displayed with a + or a – before a number. A favored bet will be negative, and one that isn’t favored will be positive.
Negative odds imply how much is needed to stake to win $100. For example, one would need to bet $250 on a bet with -250 odds to win $100 on that bet.
Similarly, those who bet on positive odds can immediately know what they will win for a bet by looking at the odds. If you bet $100 on a line with +2000 odds, you will win $2000 in total.
Related Post: BetUS Review
Many people prefer decimal odds since they give you a better idea of how much you can win for each $1 staked instead of focusing more on each $100 bet, like with American odds.
Imagine that you put $100 down on a bet with 6.0 odds. If this bet were to win, you would instantly win $600.
Finally, another popular type of odds that many people will bet on is fractional odds.
This is easy for many people to understand since it shows how much you need to bet and how much that bet will win in the same place.
For example, imagine that you bet $100 on 10/1 odds.
The number on the left (10) shows you how much you can win, whereas the number on the right shows you what you need to bet to get those winnings.
Therefore, if you win a $100 bet with 10/1 odds, you will go home with $1000.
Best NBA Draft Betting Sites
- Mystake: Best overall
- BetOnline: Best NBA game odds
- Bovada: Best welcome bonus
- MyBookie: Best VIP program
- Everygame: Lowest wagering requirements
- BetUS: Best live betting experience
- Sportsbetting.ag: Good NBA odds boosters
- BUSR: Solid betting interface
- XBet: Best for crypto
Heads up about our links! Adblock might get confused so please disable it if you have any issues.
1. Mystake – Best NBA Draft Betting Site Overall
- 100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Best NBA Draft odds
- Excellent betting interface
- NBA games & futures
- Over 25 sports offered
- Full online casino
- 24/7 live chat support
- Cluttered homepage
If you are after the best odds for the 2023 NBA Draft, Mystake should be the first place you go.
In addition to the best odds for the NBA Draft, you will also have access to one of the best online sportsbooks.
Complete with many popular sports and eSports alongside a full casino with lightning-fast customer support, this should be anybody’s top choice if you need an excellent sportsbook for draft day.
Bonus Details: 4.9/5
There are various welcome bonus packages ready here at MyStake.
Most people will start by checking out the welcome sportsbook bonus, which is 100% with up to $500 in bonus bets ready. This bonus has 10x wagering requirements.
Users can also get 30% back on their losses for a limited time when placing bets in the sportsbook.
With both a deposit bonus and cashback up for grabs, this is a solid bonus for the NBA Draft.
2. BetOnline – Best NBA Draft Betting Site for NBA Game Odds
- 50% deposit bonus up to $1,000
- Odds boosters & a prop builder
- Accepts 18 forms of crypto
- Great odds for NBA matchups
- Reload bonuses up to 35%
- Triple-tiered, 24/7 support
- Card transaction fees
If you want to sign up at a betting site where you can secure great odds for the NBA Draft and consistently-great odds for individual matchups, BetOnline Sportsbook should be where you go first.
In addition to great futures markets, they usually have the best moneyline, spread, and over/under odds.
We also love the live betting interface, odds boosters, and parlay prop bets builder they have at this sportsbook.
Bonus Details: 4.7/5
There are some great promotions ready for sports bettors here at BetOnline.
New users depositing with a card can get a 50% bonus of up to $1,000. This offer has fair 10x wagering requirements.
In addition, those who deposit using crypto can get a higher 100% bonus but with slightly higher wagering requirements.
You can also take advantage of consistent reload bonuses of up to 35% whenever filling up your balance in the future.
3. Bovada – Best Welcome Bonus of All NBA Draft Betting Sites
- 75% bonus up to $750
- Low 5x wagering requirements
- 30+ sports to bet on
- Poker, sportsbook, and casino welcome bonuses
- 1-hour withdrawals
- No e-wallets
If you want the best welcome bonus for betting on the NBA Draft, the offer here at Bovada will likely be the best option to check out.
They also have some of the best NBA lines and odds for the draft, excellent NBA betting lines, and even a full casino with the best online poker experience.
For in-depth coverage of the betting markets on offer here, we’ve got a comprehensive review of Bovada Sportsbook and Casino that you should check out.
Bonus Details: 4.9/5
As a new user of Bovada, the first thing that you should do is go and buy yourself some Bitcoin to take advantage of this welcome bonus.
The total deposit bonus is a 75% bonus that goes up to $750.
The reason that this welcome bonus is preferred to other sportsbooks with a little more value boils down to the wagering requirements.
With 5x wagering requirements and a juicy bonus up for grabs, we don’t think you will find a better incentive than this one.
4. MyBookie – Best NBA Draft Betting Site for Props
- 50% deposit bonus of up to $1,000
- Great VIP program
- 25% reload bonuses
- Regular odds boosts
- Prop builder
- Also features competitive college basketball odds
- High credit card minimum deposit
If you are after a VIP program where you constantly receive good awards as a loyal site user, this is the best sportsbook to go to first.
As a MyBookie VIP, you get your own dedicated customer support manager, special promotions, cashback bonuses, and more.
MyBookie also has an excellent lineup of sports futures markets. This way, you can also look ahead toward placing your NFL Draft bets alongside your NBA Draft bets.
Many got some of the best odds for Paolo Banchero here at MyBookie in the 2022 NBA Draft.
Bonus Details: 4.7/5
There are some great bonus packages to take advantage of here at MyBookie prop bets, and more specifically, NBA futures bets.
As a new user, you can get a 50% bonus on your initial deposit — up to $1000 in value. This offer has 10x wagering requirements.
In addition, you can also get consistent 25% bonuses tacked onto each of your deposits each time you reload.
There is also a solid VIP program that you should sign up for to get access to special promotions.
5. Everygame – Lowest Wagering Requirements of All NBA Draft Betting Sites
- Bonus up to $750
- Low 4x wagering requirements
- NBA matchups & futures markets
- Early betting lines
- Fewer props
Those who want the lowest wagering requirements possible should come to Everygame. This is also one of the top online sportsbooks for any professional sport.
In addition, this is one of the top online casinos, complete with poker lobbies and a live casino.
Everygame was also one of our top picks in this crypto sports betting guide.
Bonus Details: 4.8/5
If you want a bonus with the lowest wagering requirements, the $750 bonus available here at EveryGame with a low 4x wagering requirement might be the best bonus for your needs.
However, remember that you will need to make three separate deposits to get the total $750 bonus available here.
In other words, you will also have to meet the 4x wagering requirements three times before you can cash out the $750 bonus.
Best NBA Draft Betting Sites – Runners-Up:
NBA Draft Event Details
- What: The NBA Draft
- When: May 16th 2023 & June 22, 2023
- Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York
- How to Watch: ESPN, ABC
- 2022 NBA Draft 1st Pick: Paolo Banchero
- Odds: Check here
Right off the bat, it’s important to note that there are two important dates for the NBA Draft.
Unlike the NFL Draft, the team that picks first isn’t determined by previous regular season performance, although it is a factor.
The NBA has a Draft Lottery, where NBA teams get proportionally-equal shots at getting the first pick in the draft.
The selection order will be announced on May 16th, and the draft will take place in June.
Why is Mystake the Best NBA Draft Betting Site?
After the 2022 NBA Draft, the best sportsbook to use in 2023 was already clear.
If you are unsure why we think Mystake is our choice for NBA basketball draft betting, here are a few more reasons to consider:
- The Best Odds: You should seek out the best NBA odds when determining which site you will use for your NBA Draft bets. If you want the best odds, just come to Mystake.
- All NBA Games: Whether you want to bet on the Boston Celtics, the San Antonio Spurs, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Milwaukee Bucks. or any other NBA team, you will find all standard betting lines for individual games here, including moneyline, spread, and over/under.
- All Popular Sports: Finally, you can bet on many other events at Mystake, such as the NFL Draft, a Boston Celtics game, baseball matchups, and so on, when you play at MyStake. This is a full sportsbook with all popular sports and eSports lines.
Other NBA betting guides:
Why Should I Bet on the NBA Draft Online?
Not convinced that betting online is how you will access the best NBA odds for the top draft picks? We recommend focusing on online betting lines rather than the local sportsbook.
- Bonus Bets: When you make your first deposit onto a site that offers NBA Draft futures, you will usually be able to get a bonus, leaving you with more in your bankroll.
- Better Odds: After many of us saw the drafting of Paolo Banchero coming in the 2022 NBA Draft and rushed to place bets while the odds were still prime, we realized how much better of a deal you can usually get when betting on NBA Draft futures online.
- Save Time: Finally, there isn’t anybody who doesn’t like to save time. When you bet online, you need a computer and an internet connection — not a car and gas.
Best NBA Draft Betting Predictions, Bets & Analysis
Now that we have broken down all the best places to bet on the NBA draft, the best bonuses available, and the latest odds, let’s go ahead and break down what experts are saying about the futures markets for the NBA Draft.
Victor Wembanyama Will Be Selected First
Victor Wembanyama is a French professional basketball player for the LNB Pro A.
He quickly rose the ranks in this league before gathering notice of NBA draft prospects. In 2023, he is widely projected to be the first overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft.
Wembanyama stands 7’4 and has a ginormous 8-foot wingspan, making him one of the most prominent players in the game.
His physical attributes alone make him a top prospect, but his skill set is what makes him viewed as a potential generational talent.
Wembanyama is an offensive animal who can create his own shot off the dribble, run the fast break, shoot step-back 3s, and even release shots above the rim’s height.
He can use his long wingspan to secure boards on the defensive end.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver has even said that the league will pay “particular attention” to tanking for the 2023 draft due to the possibility of acquiring a “once-in-a-generation player” – perhaps hinting at a player like Wembanyama.
Scoot Henderson Will Be Selected Second
Scoot Henderson is an American professional basketball player for the NBA G League. From a young age, he idolized Kobe Bryant.
Elements of his game, such as Bryant’s hard work and dedication, are clear sources of inspiration.
At age 17, Henderson became the youngest player in G League history. After proving his worth in the minor leagues, NBA Draft prospects quickly took notice of his explosive talent, averaging 19 points per game in a league where many should see him as a kid.
Henderson is the type of player who will have the ball in his hands frequently from day one — no matter who drafts him.
He has the potential to be the source of energy for any team and the kind of player you can build a winning team around.
Henderson is 6’2″ tall and weighs 196 pounds. He is widely projected to be the second overall pick in the 2023 NBA draft behind Victor Wembanyama.
All Other Picks Are Still Up For Debate
Although the top two picks seem to be set in stone, there are still several good players on which teams will have their eyes for the first round.
Some other players to keep your eyes on include Amen Thompson, Gregory Jackson, and Arthur Kaluma.
Guide to NBA Draft Betting
Can You Bet on the NBA Draft?
Yes! You can bet on the NBA Draft both online and at your local sportsbook. If you want the best possible experience and odds, we recommend you go to Mystake first.
What is the Best Way to Bet on NBA Games?
There is no proven way to bet on NBA games. Typically, people bet on the moneyline, spread, or over/under lines.
If you want to predict who will win the game, start by focusing your attention on the moneyline.
How Do I Choose the Best NBA Draft Betting Site for Me?
The first thing you should do is go to the sportsbook and check out the general quality, odds, and betting options.
Then, check out all the different sports that are available for bets. Finally, check to make sure that there is an excellent welcome bonus to take advantage of.
Comparison of the Top 5 NBA Draft Betting Sites
As a recap, here are the top NBA futures and playoffs betting sites, why we chose them, and how to get started at each of them with a friendly welcome bonus:
- Mystake: This should be the first place you go if you want to get the best odds and experience for betting on the NBA Draft. Join today to get started with a 100% bonus of up to $500.
- BetOnline: If you also want to place bets on individual NBA teams throughout the season and postseason, BetOnline will give you great odds for individual games. Use the bonus code “BOL1000” to get a 50% bonus of up to $1000.
- Bovada: Those who want a welcome bonus with fair welcome bonus terms for betting on the 2023 NBA Draft should come here. Use the code “BTCSWB750” to activate a 75% bonus of up to $750 with fair 5x wagering requirements.
- MyBookie: If you are after a solid VIP program that will give you rewards for years, go to MyBookie. With the bonus code “MYB50,” you can get a cool 50% bonus on your first deposit and up to $1,000 in bonuses.
- EveryGame: Finally, we like EveryGame for having good NBA draft lines alongside the lowest bonus wagering requirements. You can use the bonus code “3XBOOST250” on your first three deposits to get up to a $250 bonus from each deposit with low 4x wagering requirements.
Tips and Tricks for NBA Draft Betting
Finally, here are some tips you should keep in mind before placing bets for the draft.
- Minimize risk by only staking small amounts on unfavored bets.
- Watch the game film for yourself and determine who you think is best.
- Stay in the loop of the latest NBA Draft news and rumors.
- Follow the teams projected to get the first picks.
- Understand how odds and potential winnings work.
- Create mock draft lists.
Still Looking for the Best NBA Draft Betting Sites?
If you want to place the best bet for the 2023 NBA Draft, we recommend placing a futures bet in favor of Victor Wembanyama over at Mystake for the best possible odds.
BetOnline is another good sportsbook to check out if you also want to bet on individual NBA matchups.
Finally, those after the most significant possible welcome bonus to use for NBA Draft picks should go over to Bovada first.
In any case, remember that gambling is always risky. In the case of the NBA Draft, there are no sure-fire bets, so always remember to wager responsibly.
DISCLAIMER: Online gambling comes with risks. There’s no guarantee of financial gain, so you should only gamble with what you can afford to lose. All information on this site is for entertainment purposes only.
While gambling can be fun, it can also be addictive. If you or anyone you know suffer from a gambling addiction problem, we recommend that you call the National Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700 to speak with an advisor. Please remember that our guides and all gambling sites are only for people who are 18+. Also, check with local laws to find out if online gambling is legal in your area.
For free online gambling addiction resources, visit these organizations: