To get you in the mood for this summer’s World Cup in Russia, we’re offering you a FREE download of Issue 8 of our fanzine which was dedicated to – in our opinion – the most iconic of tournaments: Italia 90. Simply click on the cover image below to download and enjoy.
Here’s what you can expect to find inside:
* Illustrated profiles of the tournament’s top four stars – Roger Milla, Salvatore Schillaci, Lothar Matthaus and, of course, Paul Gascoigne
* The conception, success and lasting impact of Nessun Dorma and World in Motion
* Construction and corruption – Italy’s preparations for the tournament
* The media vilification of Bobby Robson
* The dashed hopes of Yugoslavia’s golden generation
* Steve Bull – the Black Country’s unlikely lad
* Costa Rica’s unexpected superheroes
* The cultural change in the summer of 1990 and a comprehensive summary of events; football and otherwise
* The Italian north/south divide that Maradona tried to ignite
* Scotland trip themselves up. Again.
* The view from Venezuela – enthusiastic neutrals celebrate football’s greatest festival
* Following Ireland from a bar on Tyneside and an unknown pioneer for their black players
* Son of the Wind – Argentina’s long-haired party boy