This week’s Divisional round playoff game between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Buffalo Bills is a star-studded playoff matchup we could be seeing quite a bit over the next few years. Both teams are led by prolific offenses, giving this game the potential to be a high-scoring shootout.
These teams both easily won their Divisions. The Bills took the AFC East with a 13-3 record (8-7-1 ATS), and the Bengals took the AFC North, going 12-4 (12-3-1 ATS). Neither team covered last week in their Wildcard Victories.
If you are looking for the best site for Bengals vs. Bills betting, make sure to check out Bovada – it is our top pick! But we’ve some other alternatives that are worth checking out, too.
Let’s dive right in
Bengals vs Bills Betting Odds
This Divisional round game features the Defending AFC champion Cincinnati Bengals squaring off against the Buffalo Bills – a team many experts pegged as this year’s Super Bowl Winner.
Both teams look primed to contend in the AFC for the next decade with young franchise superstars Josh Allen and Joe Burrow – along with Mahomes and maybe a few others – wow, the AFC is really STACKED at the QB position. Stay where you are, Daniel Jones!
Both quarterbacks lead explosive attacks, and each has pro bowl receivers to depend on, with the Bill’s Stefon Diggs (1429 rec yds, 11 TD’s) and the Bengal’s Ja’Marr Chase (1046 rec yds, 9 TD’s in 13 games).
With all of this offensive firepower, we expect this game to produce a lot of scoring for both teams. The Defenses will have their chances to affect the game, though, thanks to the Bengals’ leaky offensive line and Josh Allen’s carelessness with the ball.
Will the Bengals continue their quest to get back to the Super Bowl? Or will the Bills ensure we see a new team representing the AFC? Read on to see what our experts think!
Where to Bet on Bengals vs Bills
- Bovada: Best overall
- BetOnline: Best variety of betting markets
- MyBookie: Most exciting bonuses
- MyStake: Best design
- SportsBetting.ag: Most competitive odds
- EveryGame: Best for mobile
- BetUS: Best for live betting
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Buffalo Bills NFL Divisional Game Info
Here’s the latest info for the upcoming Bengals vs. Buffalo NFL divisional game info to know about:
- Teams: Buffalo Bills (14-3) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (13-4)
- Game Date: Sunday night, January 22
- Time: 3 p.m. EST
- Location: Highmark Stadium, Orchard Park NY
- Channel: CBS
Bengals vs. Bills: History & Facts to Consider
This game features two teams with seven combined Super Bowl Appearances and a combined ZERO Championships.
The Bengals made it to the big game last year, losing to the Rams. They also lost two Super Bowls to the 49ers in the ’80s. As for the Bills, they are still haunted by their NFL record of four consecutive Super Bowl losses in the 90s.
Cincinnati and Buffalo have met thirty times in the regular season, with the Bills holding a 17-13 lead in the series. The Bills won 10 head-to-head matchups against the Bengals between 1989 and 2010, leaving almost 22 years between Cincinnati victories.
Cincinnati Bengals & Buffalo Bills: Recent History
Recent history has been friendlier to the Bengals, as they’ve won 4 of the last 6 matchups dating back to 2011. They also have a 2-0 record against Buffalo in the playoffs.
For those of you who don’t believe in coincidences, you may want to reconsider: both of those playoff games were in the 80s, and in each case, after beating the Bills, the Bengals would eventually go on to lose the Super Bowl to the 49ers.
The most recent matchup between these teams was only three weeks ago in Cincinnati for a highly anticipated Monday Night football game with home field in the playoffs potentially at stake. Unfortunately, the game was suspended due to Bills’ safety Damar Hamlin’s medical emergency, and the game was eventually canceled.
There were questions about how the dramatic scene would affect the teams the following week. Thankfully, Damar’s miraculous, speedy recovery gave comfort to both teams and the rest of the NFL community before the week 18 games.
The Bengals and Bills were able to pull together and win their season finales and rode that momentum to wins last week in the wild-card round. The Bills fought off a feisty Dolphins team to win 34-31, while the Bengals played a rematch of their week 18 battle with the Ravens, defeating their divisional foe 24-17.
Both teams faced backup quarterbacks in their wild-card victories, but they won’t be so lucky in this one.
Joe Burrow and Josh Allen both have the ability to put a team on their backs and lead them to victory. Luckily they won’t have to carry the load alone, as there is plenty of offensive firepower on both sidelines.
With Ja’marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd, the Bengals boast one of the best Wide Receiver trios in the League. All three players have multiple 40+ yd TD receptions this season.
While Stefon Diggs is the clear number one option in Buffalo, TE Dawson Knox has scored a TD in each of his last 5 games, and WR Gabe Davis had 113 yds and a touchdown last week against the Dolphins.
All of this means the pressure is going to be on the Defenses. Both secondaries are depleted, so we could be looking at a lot of yards and points.
If either D coordinator can figure out a way to stop these offenses, they might be interviewing for the Texans or Colts job next week.
Buffalo Bills Will Win If:
- Josh Allen is NOT Buffalo’s leading rusher: Josh Allen is big and fast and is likely good for 30-40 rushing yards just off of broken plays and scrambles, but if the Bills don’t get contributions on the ground from their running backs, it will allow the Bengals pass rush to pin their ears back and zero in on Allen.
- They can get to Burrow Over: The Bengals’ offensive line has been decimated by injuries this season, and they lost another starter last week when LT Jonah Williams dislocated his kneecap. They could be going into this game with only 2 opening-day starters on the line.
If Buffalo can get to Burrow consistently, they can keep the ball out of his playmaker’s hands. One caveat: Last season, the Titans sacked Burrow a playoff record NINE(!) times in a divisional round game and still lost.
- Josh Allen watches the Giants game on Saturday: When Giants head coach Brian Dabol was with the Bills, he helped transform an extremely raw Josh Allen into an All-Pro level QB, and now he’s doing the same in New York with Daniel Jones.
If Josh Allen can remember the lessons Dabol taught him, he might avoid the costly turnovers that have bubbled up throughout this season.
Cincinnati Bengals Will Win If:
- Their offense can find balance: The Bengals Receivers get most of the focus from the media (and opposing defenses), but Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine can do damage by running the ball and catching it out of the backfield.
- The game turns into a track meet: Both of these teams are capable of putting up 40 points on any defense in the league, and both have injuries in the secondary. The potential for a shootout is high, and we believe that favors the Bengals, who do a better job taking care of the ball.
- Make Josh Allen think he has to do it all: Despite the fact that Josh Allen is one of the few NFL players who CAN do it all, this season, he has been plagued by some poor decision-making (19 turnovers, 5 in the red zone) while trying to do too much.
If the Bengals can keep the game close into the 4th quarter, Allen may try to play hero ball and force a throw. That could be all it takes to turn the tide in the Bengals’ favor.
Both of these teams are riding long win streaks; the Bills have won their last 8 games, and the Bengals have won their last 9.
That said, neither team is playing flawless football. Josh Allen led the NFL with 19 turnovers in the regular season, and last week against Miami, he threw two interceptions and fumbled three times, losing one.
Meanwhile, the Bengals needed a 99-yard fumble return for a touchdown to defeat the “Lamar Jackson-less” Baltimore Ravens. Both teams will need to raise their games to advance in this round.
Early on, both teams may try to establish the run to take pressure off their quarterbacks and to keep the ball away from their opponent’s explosive offenses. Regardless of how it starts, we see this game turning into a shootout, with a number of big plays for both teams.
Let’s take a look:
There’s a possibility that either of these teams could approach this number on their own. Both teams are too explosive on offense and too injured on defense for us to do anything other than recommend the over.
TD Over 40+ yds (+100):
There are three players on each team in this game who have recorded multiple touchdowns of 40+ yards this season. Both secondaries are depleted!
Josh Allen 2+ Interceptions (+300):
Josh Allen led the league in turnovers this season and has thrown 5 interceptions in his last 3 games.
His decision-making has trended downwards as the season has progressed. The betting odds are in favor of Allen throwing 1 interception (-148), and if you already have 1, you are only 1 away from 2. That extra interception can triple your investment.
Joe Mixon Over 52.5 yds Rushing:
With injuries across the offensive line, the Bengals are going to need to find ways to keep Joe Burrow clean. The easiest way to do that is to establish the run with Joe Mixon, who should be fresh after averaging just under 12 carries a game over his last 6 games.
Both of these teams came into the season amongst the favorites to win the AFC title game (along with KC). Led by two generational talents at Quarterback, it’s easy to see why. In the playoffs, one mistake can turn the tide of the game.
Josh Allen has been prone to critical mistakes this season, While Joe Burrow has proven cool under fire over and over in his career. That’s why we like the Bengals and the points with a good chance of winning outright.
How to Bet on Bengals vs Bills (NFL Playoffs 2023)
Getting started at the best Bengals vs. Bills betting sites is not hard at all! In fact, it can be quite an easy process. Let’s see how you can sign up for a new account at Bovada:
Step One: Start Registration for a New Account
- Click here to visit the website of Bovada;
- Fill out the registration form;
Step Two: Account Verification
- Check out the Messages section of your account; you might be required to provide some documents;
- Follow the instructions;
Step Three: Make Your Deposit & Start Betting
- Visit the Cashier section and start making your deposit;
- Finalize your deposit, and score your welcome bonus;
- Start betting on the Bengals vs. Bills.
Why Should I Use BetOnline to Bet On Bengals vs. Bills?
You can bet on this game at any number of online sportsbooks or even at your local brick-and-mortar establishment. We’d recommend spending your money at a big, established online bookie Bovada.
These sites have been around for years, building up a reputation for treating players fairly. That’s far from the only reason to bet with them, though:
- They’re Convenient: You can get the most up-to-date lines anytime you want, simply by refreshing the page. That’s huge in a game like this, where the outcome of earlier games could have a massive effect on the lines in this one.
- They Reward Players: Bovada is really an amazing online betting site, especially when it comes to the bonuses and promotions it has in store! It offers users a welcome bonus of up to $750.
- They Offer Round-the-Clock Action: You can bet on Buffalo-Cincinnati leading up to the game, and then you can place live bets DURING the game – this can get quite exciting!
Find our similar articles below:
Why Bet on the Bengals vs. Bills Game Online?
The Divisional Playoffs offer four fabulous football game matchups to wager on while also signaling that your NFL betting opportunities will soon be gone.
Here are some reasons why the Bengals-Bills game represents a unique value:
- The First of Many: Buffalo and Cincinnati are led by two of the best young quarterbacks in the league. Both rosters are littered with young players at key positions. The future looks bright for both franchises.
This is the first time Joe Burrow and Josh Allen will “officially” square off against one another. The fact that it’s happening in the playoffs makes it even better. We don’t think this is the last time we’ll see these two teams in a playoff matchup; the question is, who gets early bragging rights?
- Specials: Taking that thinking one step further: Do you think someone is going to have a huge day?
There are 5 WR in this game, with at least one receiving game of 130+ yards this season. (S. Diggs, G. Davis, J. Chase, T. Boyd, T. Higgins). It doesn’t matter if you can’t decide which one of these guys is going to go off.
Guide to Betting on the Bengals vs. Bills January 22 Match
What’s at Stake in the Bengals-Bills Game?
This is the playoffs, so for the winner, it means a spot in the AFC championship game. For the loser? There’s always next year.
Who Is Favored to Win at the Bengals vs. Bills?
The Buffalo Bills are 5-point favorites at home.
Where Will the Bengals vs. Bills Game be Played?
The game is being played at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park, NY (a suburb of Buffalo).
So, Who Will Win in the Divisional Round Bengals vs. Bills Game?
When the season started, both the Bengals and the Bills pictured themselves in the Super Bowl. Nothing has happened this season to change that expectation for either team. With that goal in mind, both of these teams will be looking to improve on their mediocre Wild Card performances.
No matter what you decide to bet on, you’ll need a good betting site for it – we believe Bovada is the best option, but there are many others you can check out.
At the end of the day, please always remember to wager responsibly.
DISCLAIMER: While online gambling can come as an entertainment form, you should never prioritize gambling to solve financial problems. When you’re thinking of placing wagers exceeding your bankroll, the “house always wins” phrase should be a guiding principle.
Do you have problems with gambling, or do you know someone that does? Regardless of what party it might be, it’s crucial to quickly get a hold of this situation by calling the National Gambling Helpline at 1-800-522-4700. When you call, you’re immediately transferred to an advisor on hand to give you the desired help needed to make gambling safer for you and your loved ones. That said, it’s crucial to remember that all gambling sites and guides are for those who are 18+ only.
Remember, casino sites listed in our reviews might not be accessible in your region. As a result, it’s necessary to check local laws and regulations to see whether online gambling is legal or not.
For resources free gambling addiction resources, visit these organizations: